Online Safety Information for Parents:
- Online Safety: Websites Parents Should Know About
- Online Safety Stats
- Online Safety Resources
- ScreenRetriever’s Online Safety Rules and Code of Conduct
- Harvard’s Berkman Center “Online Safety” Task Force Study: Blockers, Filters and Loggers
- “Teen Code” on the Internet
- Other Social Networking Sites Your Child May Be On?
- What Mobile Apps Are Popular with Tweens and Teens?
Online Safety and Behavior Topics/Concerns:
- The Devastating Impact of Cyberbullying
- Online Predators. Should You Worry?
- Multitasking While Doing Homework
- Sleep Deprivation: Kids on the Computer/Cellphones Late at Night
- The Trouble with Filters, Blockers and Loggers
- Sexting – A growing problem for today’s tweens and teens!
- What You Need To Know Before Your Child Goes On Facebook!
- What if Your Child Posts Something Online That Doesn’t Meet Your Approval?
Articles About Online Safety and Behavior
By ScreenRetriever’s Internet Safety Advocate, Victoria Kempf
- The 10 Most Ho rrific Websites Kids are Browsing Online
- 7 Facebook Risks You Should Discuss With Your Teen
- Is Your Child’s Online Activity Affecting How They Do In School?
- Is Your Child an Online Cheater?
- An Ounce of Prevention: How to Identify Online Risks for Kids
- The 4 Biggest Online Risks for Teens
- 3 Reasons Why Teens Should Think Twice About Sexting
- Don’t Let Your Kids Give You the KPC (Keep Parents Clueless) Treatment
- Educating Tweens and Teens About Sexting
- Teaching Your ADHD Teen Appropriate Computer Behavior
- 5 ZZZZZeasons Why Your Teen Should Put Tech Devices Away At Night and Go To Sleep!
- Online Predator in Sudbury’s Back Yard
What You Need To Know About Privacy Settings:
Articles About Online Safety From Other Resources:
Online Safety and Behavior Related Research/Infographics:
- “The Digital Divide: How the Online Behavior of Teens is Getting Past Parents” June 2012
- “In their own words: what bothers children online?” London School of Economics/ EU StudyFeb. 2013
- Pew Study: Teens Social Media and Privacy PewMay 2013 Data from the Study- What kids did in 2006 and how their behavior has changed today
- Multitasking Infographic