Online Safety Information for Parents:
- Online Safety: Websites Parents Should Know About
- Online Safety Stats
- Online Safety Resources
- ScreenRetriever’s Online Safety Rules and Code of Conduct
- Harvard’s Berkman Center “Online Safety” Task Force Study: Blockers, Filters and Loggers
- “Teen Code” on the Internet
- Other Social Networking Sites Your Child May Be On?
Online Safety Topics/Concerns:
- The Devastating Impact of Cyberbullying
- Online Predators. Should You Worry?
- Multitasking While Doing Homework
- Sleep Deprivation: Kids on the Computer/Cellphones Late at Night
- The Trouble with Filters, Blockers and Loggers
- Sexting – A growing problem for today’s tweens and teens!
- What You Need To Know Before Your Child Goes On Facebook!
Articles About Online Safety
- The 10 Most Ho rrific Websites Kids are Browsing Online
- 7 Facebook Risks You Should Discuss With Your Teen
- Is Your Child’s Online Activity Affecting How They Do In School?
- Is Your Child an Online Cheater?
- An Ounce of Prevention: How to Identify Online Risks for Kids
- The 4 Biggest Online Risks for Teens
- 3 Reasons Why Teens Should Think Twice About Sexting
- Don’t Let Your Kids Give You the KPC (Keep Parents Clueless) Treatment
- Educating Tweens and Teens About Sexting
- Teaching Your ADHD Teen Appropriate Computer Behavior
- 5 ZZZZZeasons Why Your Teen Should Put Tech Devices Away At Night and Go To Sleep!
What You Need To Know About Privacy Settings:
Articles About Online Safety From Other Resources:
If the Unthinkable Happens, What Can You Do? Resources:
- FindYourMissingChild.org – If your child is missing, what do you do to find them? Findyourmissingchild.org will provide you with an easy to follow step by step guide of how to reach out to social media to find your child. This guide was created by a Dad that has first hand experience with a missing child and had a happy ending outcome.