ScreenRetriever: Monitor Your Child’s (Windows) Tablet/PC Activity and Behavior
How it Works
- Download and Install ScreenRetriever
- Click the ScreenRetriver icon for your child’s computer
- See what they’re doing now with Live View
- In you can’t check in right now, use Replay later
Why Try ScreenRetriever Children’s Internet Monitoring Software?
- ScreenRetriever, Live View and Replay gives parents complete visibility of all of their children’s computer activity.
- Parents simply click on the ScreenRetriever icon on their computer to see exactly what their child is doing online Live, no matter where the child is in the home.
- When parents aren’t available to use Live View they can scroll through hours of their child’s recorded activities in minutes using Replay.
Parents can see:
- All Facebook activity (no password required) and other social networks
- All webcam activity such as Skype so they can see who their child is chatting with
- All homework
- All websites visited (not just URLs)
- All posted pictures and comments, emails
- All cyberbullying
- All sexting
- All night time activity, when kids should be sleeping
Kids know it’s being used so that trust is not sacrificed and communication is encouraged.
- ScreenRetriever is not invasive. Most of the time the child’s screen is “small” on the parent’s computer and only opened into “large” mode when a parent is concerned.
- By knowing what children are doing online and how they’re behaving online, parents are able to teach safe, appropriate computer behavior. When kids know parents are paying attention, online risks decrease. They think twice about what they’re doing online when parents are checking-in.
- Will not cause computer to slow down.
- Easy to install and Easy to use, no fancy set up required
- Install once on the child’s computer, all other access is from the parent’s computer
- Not time consuming to check-in
- Family license, not per seat
Why ScreenReteiver is Not a Parental Control Product?
Parental controls provide parents with automated tools to ostensibly help protect their children and set restrictions while using computer devices. They include products that filter content, block websites and log keystrokes. Some provide time restrictions on computer use.
What is ScreenRetriever? ScreenRetriever is not an automated parental control tool. It is a monitoring tool for parents to actively keep an eye on what their children are doing online as the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends. Parents are the best filter as they can immediately see if a website is appropriate or not or if their child is behaving appropriately online. Why don’t we use an automated tool?
Parents are being sold a bill of goods if they think these products will protect their children online. Knowing a URL is not enough either. DancingBear.com sounds harmless enough right? Not so. Then there are sites like YouTube that can provide both good and bad content for viewing by children, so blocking a site such as YouTube impractical.
Would you use a robot to babysit your children in the real world? Why would you use automated tools to protect your children in the online world. You need to actively participate and monitor your children online to keep them safe and teach appropriate responsible behavior.